Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Foods that contirbute to healthy nails.?

I think I have Leukonychia and I need some foods that are high in zinc as I think I have a zinc deficieny. I would also like some foods that would contribute to healthy, sought after nails. Thanks.Foods that contirbute to healthy nails.?
lol what a total coincidence


we're talking about zinc in my Yr.11 health class like an hour ago lol





umm foods that are high in zinc include


Oysters (this is probably the highest level of zinc in food)


red meat,


fish, poultry,


wheat germ and bran,


whole grains,


nuts,


dried beans.








and if you think you have zinc deficiency then here are the sytoms jst incase its not it ...





Poor wound healing and the potential for infection


Reduced perception of smell, taste and visual perception.


Reduce the sperm count in men


Appetite loss


Mental lethargy


Nerve damage


If severe, skin changes and damage (such as inflamed skin, mouth and eyelids), along with hair loss and anemia (low iron count).





there ya .. straight frm my health book :D ^^^^^^^^^^Foods that contirbute to healthy nails.?
you can get supplement pills in health shops and some supermarkets to help with nails/hair/skin! try them! that way you don't have to change your diet at all! - it's horrible having to eat things you don't want/don't like just for your health!


but check with your doctor if you are on any medication or have any health condition's! - taking vitamins like zinc can mess up your body's balance and cause fits/collapse/sickness in some cases! good luck!
I have been been taking Biotin for a little while and have noticed my nails getting much stronger. But it could also be that now that the weather is warmer, my nails are less brittle. I also put on a light coating of Vaseline before I go to sleep.
Oh my gosh!!! Whatever you do--Jello doesn't help. lol. People told me to eat Jello before my brother's wedding to help strengthen my nails. I ate a box a day and it did nothing!!! Maybe try some vitamins or nail treatments. Sally Hansen has good products. Good luck! :)
jello, it has something in it that helps nails grow, and stay strong
jello is good for nails
any green veggie and lots of them.! if you don't like them plain dip them in your favorite dressing.!
any fish

No comments:

Post a Comment