Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it healthy to paint my 2yr olds nails often?

My 2yr old and I go once to twice a month to get our nails painted and I was wondering if it is bad for her nails, because their are childrens spas that paint only kids nails so do they have a special kind of nail polish for kids? Thank you to anyone who could help me out.Is it healthy to paint my 2yr olds nails often?
Some companies market nail polish for kids, when I was little I had Disney Princess nail polish... Try Avon maybe? Also, make sure she doesn't bite her nails or put her hands in her mouth when she's had them painted since that can make her sick. Ditto on the make sure to give her nails time to breathe at least 1 week off for every week on...Is it healthy to paint my 2yr olds nails often?
I think it's fine as long as she's not a thumb sucker since I'm pretty sure that the nail polish may have some icky chemical in it. You could ask the salon about some non-toxic nail polish or bring your own if you happen to find some especially made for kids, even if it's not as good a quality as ';adult nail polish.';
NO!
I wouldn't worry so much about the nail polish. But the fumes she's breathing at the salon. It's very toxic for her tiny little body. If I were you, I'd try to find some child polishes or all natural that would be okay for her. And would limit the salons to like once or twice a year. Those chemicals are just too intense for your little one.
I think it's great that you include your daughter in this kind of outting. I would be careful though as to not cover her nails all the time with paint as it will not allow for air to to naturally harden her healthy nails. After prolonged use of nail polish they will get weaker. I do not know if nail salons have a special nail polish for kids. I was not aware of that but it's possible.





Dan - I am assuming you're the only one who gave each of us a thumbs down. First of all nail polish is NOT makeup...get your facts straight.
why do people want there two year olds wearing makeup if you are using the adult nail varnish it is not good for your childs lungs she is breathing chemicalsyes yes i know i am a bloke so i automaticaly qualify for thumbs down in this section but its the truth
As long as she doesnt chew her nails or suck her thumb I dont see a problem
I think adult polish could be harsh on little kids nails but they do make polishes for kids that easly peel and are non toxic.
It can be...just check the nail polish they are using to make sure its non toxic. They make child safe nail polish.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment