Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My natural nails flake even though I am healthy. What can I do ?

I put Sally Hensen nail polish on them and they still flake. I grow them for a bit but then they chip and flake. So annoying!My natural nails flake even though I am healthy. What can I do ?
milk milk and more milk!


without being big headed my nails are rather strong and healthy lol


and i drink a ridiculous amount of milk ( like a pint and i half a day )


so try milk





you can get special nail varnish stuff to help repair nails from boots and places like thatMy natural nails flake even though I am healthy. What can I do ?
Hi!


My answer will be from a more naturalistic/wholistic point of view, which in my opinion has always worked...


Actually nails and hair are indeed a representation of your health. Now, it could be that your nails are just more fragile than normally, but I would think it has to do more with being healthy. Being healthy from a naturalistic and wholistic point of view in summary means consuming natural food products which contain the least amount chemicals etc. You should definitely leave out such things as flavored coffee creamers, soda, diet bars, and pretty much anything where the ingredients sound like something that would explode in a chemistry lab. These things are really unhealthy for you, no matter how much you exercise etc. Eating healthy is the number one condition for healthy nails.


Also, you can try to get more calcium in you, but the best way to get calcium is eating broccoli, spinach or cauliflower, because calcium is absorbed faster and easier from these than from milk. Milk works too, but like someone mentioned above, you have to drink loads of it.


Nail polish is actually quite damaging for nails even if it's Sally Hansen, because of the vast amount of chemicals in them. While you are trying to take care of your nails, try to avoid putting nail polish (even any clear ones) until your nails are healthy again. Even afterwards, only use nail polish rarely. (If you have healthy nails, you won't need any nail polish :))


Lastly, I will recommend and old Native American trick for growing hair and nails faster. What you do is trim your hair or nails a day or two after the new moon, and they grow faster :) The next new moon is 26 of January :) Also, try to trim your nails before they chip, as chipped nails are also not healthy for the recovery of the nails....


Hope I helped, you should give some of this a try at least! Good luck! :)
My suggestion is Almond Oil. Its been brilliant for me.





My nails are brittle at the best of times but just before Christmas, they were the worst. If the got caught in any little thing, they could break! Someone suggested that I go to a healthfood shop %26amp; buy a little bottle of Almond oil, which I did.





Just one drop on each nail and massage in (I also used it to soften the cuticle so I couls puch it back). I did this twice a day starting off and then once a day, and found that my nails got alot stronger.
maybe this is goint to sound weird bout im frome mexico and is very normal that we use a garlic nail polish and it really works i dont know if u can get it in ur country but if u wanna try cut a little piece ofa garlic and srub it in ur nails evry day fora week .. this is not ajoke u show look maybe in internet that garlic is very helty in so many ways..xoxo
My nails do the SAME thing. They're very thin and i can never grow them long because they break. Try using some other brands of strengthening nail polish. I love Sally Hanson: Hard As Wraps. It's usually just a clear or beige color.
Get a manicure once a week.
Could be a Fungal infection. Ask your Dr. for something to treat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment