Friday, February 12, 2010

Tips to help fingernails grow healthy and atractive looking and nail biting tips?

My 13 year old daughter, after biting her fingernails for about 8 years, has vowed to stop. She just got braces, which is helping her stop a little. The only ones she's bitten since are her tumb nails, which she cut very short.





But, as the nails grow out, we are noticing that they are not looking too good. Years of damage isn't going to leave them pretty I guess. She has cut them very short, which has been helping with the biting a little, but wants to grow them out long. I think that having nice looking nails will stop her from biting at all. So any tips to help them grow out well? They don't have the half-moon shapes and aren't growing striaght. She's worried that they aren't going to get better looking.





And any other tips to help her stop her habit? BESIDES the bad tasting nail polish? It doesn't work for her, and it never has. Thanks!Tips to help fingernails grow healthy and atractive looking and nail biting tips?
My friend taught me this one, clean the nails really good on Monday then paint on 1 coat of clear hard as nails polish, then have her every night through the week put on 1 coat each night.On Sunday you clean off the polish and start over , for some reason this works I used to bite my nails for 30 years and have stopped just by doing this! Also did you know that Jello has an ingredient that naturally thickens and clarifies nails? I did not and that works also!Tips to help fingernails grow healthy and atractive looking and nail biting tips?
Take her to the manicurist, just once. It should help...
make her pay to get her nails done that really helped me cuz you can't bite them they are way to hard and fake!


after a few months i stopped and it helped w/ the hang nails
Hey! I'm actually working on stopping chewing my nails at the moment.





I've bought that pepper nail polish, and it didn't work for me either. But what has worked is just regular nail polish. I clean my nails and then paint them as often as I can, but I haven't cut them in a while, even if they are uneven. I can't stand the taste of nail polish remover or regular nail polish, so as soon as my hand nears my mouth, it gets put back down right away.





Plus, it's a big bonus when you see your nails starting to grow back and how pretty they can look with a good color on them- it's super motivating. (also, it's harder to see the damage when your nails are pink :D).





So, here's my advice: put down the clippers, pick up a pretty nail polish she likes, and watch 'em grow!
i had the same problem...i used to bite my nails from nerves. now i chew on caps. but what has helped me is just some bitter apple and thinking..my nails could look better and i want them long. so that helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment