Friday, February 12, 2010

What can I do to make my nails healthier?

I used to take a vitamin for my hair, skin, and nails. But it didn't really do anything except for helping my hair grow (I have mild alopecia :( ).





I've heard of people saying ';your nails are healthy when they shine, and when they are strong.'; Well, they're fairly strong, but they look dull and dry.





What are some tips to naturally shine my nail beds?





ALSO, the skin around my nails is really dry and cracked. Is this normal? If it's not, what can I do to improve this problem???What can I do to make my nails healthier?
Clear nail polish that is to make your nails strong and shiny. I just had to do this to. And use some really good lotion!What can I do to make my nails healthier?
If you've been taking the hair/skin/nail pills - then you've been taking Biotin already.





I had fake nails for over 10 years, so when I made the decision to have them removed, I had A LOT of damage to correct.





First, I kept them nice and short until the healthy nail grew out. I used a file instead of clippers to reduce flaking and cracking. I kept my cuticles moisturized (get a cuticle/nail moisturizer) and pushed back - and most importantly, I used a product by Opi called ';Nail Envy';. Its pricey, but it lasts a long time and it REALLY works. It kept my nails strong, shiny and protected long enough for them to get healthy and strong.





Now I have strong, beautiful natural nails - it took a few months, but the effort really paid off.
Take Biotin. It comes in capsule forms at any pharmacy. It will make your nails grow and be strong but it will also make your hair grow fast too.
You need a buffer and shiner [you can get one at wal mart for a couple bucks] .. cuticle oil, and a silk nail strengthener. Sally Hansen makes a good one....
use that clear nail polish that helps ur nails grow strong and healthy also try using some moisturizing hand lotion for ur hands it isn't normal for ur fringers to be ashy
-take biotin


-use buffer


-or just paint your nails with a clear coat


-try some other vitamin


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment