Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How to get my finger nails to grow back in healthy?

I had taken off acrylic nails some weeks ago and for some reason this time my nails became extremely damaged. I have been getting my nails done for the past 7 or so years, so I don't know where the problem began. I have no fungus, just broken and split nails. They are quite thin and easily tear. They are so weak that they have begun to sometimes split on my actual nail bed. Is there anything I can do to help them grow in thicker and healthier as they used to????How to get my finger nails to grow back in healthy?
that is normal when you get your nails done regulatly. first, stop gettin acrylic nails!! allow yours to go through a healing process. you can try otc prenatal vitamins from the store, they will not harm you and are great for hair and nails.How to get my finger nails to grow back in healthy?
I used this product called Nailtek. It is a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!! And it isn't expensive either. I'm sure you can find it online somewhere. My nails are paper thin and I have never been able to have strong beautiful nails. I have tried many products to help me, but no luck. Ever since I started using Nailtek polish and hand cream my nail are strong and gorgeous!
I have never tried this, but, a lady I used to know, puts clear iodine on her nails [her nails were always very pretty] I always thought they were acryllic, but, she said the iodine helps them grow.
Getting your nails to grow fast is really about taking care of them and keeping them healthy. Nails grow about 1/8 inch per month but what keeps nails from getting long is more about nail damage and poor nail care than about slow growth.





Shape your nails from the outside edge toward the middle, moving the emery board in one direction only rather than sawing it back and forth which damages the nail. Soaking nails in warm, soapy water before pushing cuticles back makes for less scraping on the nail bed (the pink part of the nail).





Condition nails with the same hand cream used on hands.Keeping nail polish on will keep nails from splitting, tearing or cracking. When doing a manicure, choose a nail shape that is wide and more square which is less apt to break, rather than a pointier oval shape. Using an oily nail polish remover will also help.





Eat a balanced diet to prevent vitamin deficiencies that create unhealthy nail conditions such as peeling, splitting or brittle nails. Don't fuss with your nails all the time as over filing can cause weakening and other nail problems.





Apply a strengthening clear polish to your nails regularly, even if you do not usually paint your nails.





Avoid submerging your hands in water if possible. For example, wear rubber gloves when doing dishes.





Calcium always helps. You can get calcium from a multi-vitamin or from a specific calcium supplement. The other thing I've found works REALLY well is gelatin. Gelatin is found in Jello, but in order to get the amount you need to grow long nails.





=)

No comments:

Post a Comment