Wednesday, February 10, 2010

While you have acrylic on your nails how can you keep them healthy?

i need STRONG nails by time i take my set off!!!


and what are some tips to STOP BITING NAILS?


how do you keep nails healthy and Strong?While you have acrylic on your nails how can you keep them healthy?
Trust me I used to be a huge nail biter, but I kept my nails painted; that way, I had a reason not to bite them (they would look pretty!). In your case, acrylics will keep you from biting them since there's no way to bite them, since acrylics are pretty hard.





Once your acrylics come off, at Wal-Mart or Walgreens (just about any store) there's this container (looks like it's a nail polish container) and it has green tea in it-- it's REALLY good for your nails. Also, take prenatal vitamins. Even if you're not pregnant, they're amazing for your nails and hair.While you have acrylic on your nails how can you keep them healthy?
I am a cosmetologist, and have the same problems as you.


I am an addictive nail biter, and have been all of my life.


I always think that when i get acrylic nails, i'll be able to take them


off and finally be able to grow out my natural nails, but it never happens.





What I would suggest first is to wash your hands a lot, to make sure there


is no built up bacteria underneath the acrylics.


Also, start taking vitamins like biotin, or keratin to increase nail and hair growth.


What you put in your body shows on the outside, make sure you keep a good diet


with lots of proteins and drink plenty of water.


Another thing you may consider is where you got your nails done.


If the nail technician used an electric nail file, that can severely thin and damage


your natural nail. try asking if they could use an emery board instead, and take it


easy on your nails.


Lastly, when you're ready to take off your acrylics, get it done professionally;


don't rip or tear them off, this will hurt your natural nail.


Hope this helps!
With Acrylics you really want to make sure they are using EDA in their products. If you ask and they say they do not know, then they aren't. If EDA is not used the nail cuticle will become damages. These nails are usually about $10 more expensive but are well workth it. I can go straight from having my acrylics on, taking them off and having smooth healthy nails

No comments:

Post a Comment