Friday, February 5, 2010

Why are my finger nails healthy but my toe nails are flaky?

my finger nails are healthy, shiny, smooth and don't have white spots or bad cuticles. but my toe nails are flaky and not as nice. my toes get a lot of wear and tear from constant clumsy stubbing, and month old nail polish (sometimes) etc... any advice for toe nail health? haha... I promise I'll take off any old nail polishWhy are my finger nails healthy but my toe nails are flaky?
You should always wear supportive shoes.





Do you have band circulation problems? Sometimes the blood flow to the feet can cause problems.





I also hear if you have a thyroid problem your nails will be flaky.





See a podiatrist if your concerned.


Why are my finger nails healthy but my toe nails are flaky?
Also, if you apply too much nail polish, it's not very good for your toes - try not wearing any nail polish on your toes for a week or so - that way your toenails can breathe.





Make sure your shoes aren't too small or big for you. Really tight shoes obviously will hurt your feet and prevent nail growth, while too big shoes can increase your chances of falling.





I would apply lotion to my feet, and also get two nail products - one that hydrates your toenails and one that strengthens your toenails. Sally Hansen products are heaven - they work. If you want to color you nails, Sally Hansen offers nail polish that colors your toes but also hydrates/strengthens nails, as well as provides long-wear nail polish.
buy protective polish to put over your toenails before applying nail polish, add another layer over the dried polish and it should maintain the nails moisture and strengthen it.
Wash your feet!
ewww...

No comments:

Post a Comment