Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How do I get healthy nails?

I would really like healthy looking nails. My hands are really soft because I am always using hand lotion, but my nails are just horrible. I keep getting really dry skin one both sides of my nails, and every finger is like that. I cannot afford to get a manicure. What can I do? Has anyone else every had this? I also get it on my toe nails too. I cut my nails, file, them and clean underneath them, I just don't understand what is causing this. I want to have pretty looking nails and toe nails! Please help me.How do I get healthy nails?
The wonders of petroleium Jelly!!


~dont bite your nails or the skin around them- ever


~ hand lotion works but vaseline or petroleum jelly stays on for what seems like forever, and ur hands will feel smooth afterwards. (Also if u want soft, exfoliated lips, brush your lips with an old toothbrush and soak them in vaseline for 30 minutes)


~cut ur nails every three to six weeks, and when u do that cut off the ends only.


~when u wear nail polish, leave it on for about a week and then go for a week without nail polish to keep ur nails healthy


~if you absolutely need nailpolish, be sure to use calcium-enriched nail polish remover


~after removing nail polish, soak ur finger tips in water (as hot as u can manage) for five minutes and then soak it in room temp. water for three minutes and then soak it in ice cold water for three minutes.








hope it helps ^^How do I get healthy nails?
I use ';length %26amp; strength'; from AVON
umm..well nails are composed of the same proteins as hair. they are both dead cells so you need alot of protein to have them healthy. um...eat alot of carots and dairy foods...but not too fatening..





and it should help. also buy lotion for hands and nails at a beauty supply store
i have this problem also i have found that if i take hair skin and nail vitamins my nails are so much healthier, i still get the really bad hang nails on the sides of my nails but they grow and they are much stronger. you can but these vitamins at wal-mart they are not very expensive.
Keep them very clean soak once a week in a mild soapy water and massage with vitamin E
eat lots of pectin.


either take supplements or eat apples and such...


yum!
Go to your nearest Sally Beauty Supply and ask them for ';Solar Oil'; nail and cuticle treatment. It is an oil that you rub into your cuticle and nail bed. It has tons of vitamins and minerals. And keeps the nails from becoming dry and brittle. Causing breakage.
I would eat gelatin (like in Jell-O), it's suppose to help keep your nails healthy. Also eat healthy foods, and cut back on the junk food (you are what you eat....).
you need to get the clear nail polish called nail hardner. I t helps your nails to look pretty. You take it from there.Good luck!
well u can get a buffer and that is really good. it should also come with cuticle oil that is great.
let them grow out, get ur daily vitamins, and don't let them get thin [that will cause them to break]
umm i suggest..... dip ur nails in olive oil once a day for a few minutes also apply almond oil on ur nails before goin to sleep at night..... hope this helps!
get a cuticle cream and use it. wear rubber gloves when doing dishes...don't use your nails to open soda pop tabs, or to dial numbers...take vitamins....get plenty of calcium in your body too...believe it or not, eating jello works too....it strengthens them and helps them to grow
there is sally hansen nail stuff that is like clear nail polish that is made to make you have better nails. hope this helps! if it does help than pick this as the #1 answer. thanks
I heard that jello helps grown healthy nails.
get them dipped in vinager once a week for about 2 min.


I use a nail vitamin that you can buy anywhere. Apply a coat of that and if you use nail polish then apply 2 coats of nail polish and then a top coat. That will help protect your nails from breaking a little longer. Also you might want to do a 1/2 glass of milk a day. It helped me......
dont paint nails and keep them clean every day
try using hair,skin,and nail vitamins
eat healthy
chew them everyday!!!!!!





ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment