Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I think my nail beds were damaged by a nail tech. What can I do to make nails healthy and look right again?

Since getting acrylic nails a few months ago, my nails don't appear as healthy as they used to. Also, the nail on one finger has slightly unnatural bumps in it, and a few others seems to have ridges -- none of this was present before.





Will this just grow out after time, or do I need to do something to make them healthy and to get them looking right again?I think my nail beds were damaged by a nail tech. What can I do to make nails healthy and look right again?
Yes, artificial nails can damage your nails. Because of the extreme buffing that they do to the top of the nail to get the acrylic to bond, the natural nail becomes thinner. As well, the amount of cuticle manipulation and the chemicals around the cuticle are what signals to the nail bed that there is damage and injury taking place, and that can be what causes the ridges and bumps. Those ridges should grow out naturally on their own, unless there was permanent damage to the nail bed, which I doubt there would be. You will need to really keep your hands and nails moisturized and wait for your natural nails to grow out. I have had great luck for years with a product called TIPS. You can check it out on askcosmetics.com.I think my nail beds were damaged by a nail tech. What can I do to make nails healthy and look right again?
I know how you feel.......I wore the nails for awhile and when I decided to stop my natural nail was like paper....I don't think its the nail tech that damaged them I just think that wearing them does that all on its on.... I have pretty natural nails now but it does take time. I bought Nail Envy ( at a salon) its an OPI product and used it daily ...then on the 7th day I would take it off and start over again...applying it each day until the 7th . I still use Nail Envy but not as often. It really worked for me. All I can tell you is they will get better...but it will take time.


Here is a link so you will know what you are looking for.... Sally's sells a different kind and I did not have much luck with it so I went back to the Nail Envy





Hope this was helpful ~~~~


Good Luck!
it sounds like they have damaged or hurt the matrix (where the nail is formed) ridges and bumps could actually be permanent, depending on how bad the damage was, but you can always buff your nails, which will also give them a natural shine! avoid false nails- they do nothing but ruin your natural nails! and while growing them back, apply cuticle oil daily!


hope it helps! :0)
go to a nail salon...they have an oil that they massage on your cuticles that will make them nice and soft...get rid of the artificial nails...it will be painful at first because your nails are so thin they will hurt...be take vitamins and that should help you grow out your own

No comments:

Post a Comment