Friday, February 5, 2010

How can you get nails to grow healthy ?

I bit my nails for awhile but i've stopped now. However,taking one hand, only my pinky and ring finger nails grow.. it's the same thing with the other hand.How can you get nails to grow healthy ?
my mama gave me a wonderful tip once i stopped biting my nails...i did not realize it but this really works...the fingers on which the nails aren't growing need to be stimulated. what you can do is start tapping your nails (or finger tips) of the fingers whose nails aren't growing. it's like brushing your hair. if you stimulate the nerve endings, the extension will grow (hair folicles will produce longer hair, fingertips will produce longer nails). in addition to this, try to stay clear of handling paper. constant contact with say, loose leaf paper, copier paper, etc., dehydrates you, hence, your fingertips, thus stunting the healthy nail growth you're seeking. hope this helped you!!! it sure helped me!!! (i've never had fake nails in my life since my mama taught this to me!)How can you get nails to grow healthy ?
I have a similar problem. My inidex fingers are EXTREMELY slow to grow and they grow in weird. My suggestion is to take biotin. Its a vitamin that is excellent for healthy hair and nails. There are high amounts of it in prenatal vitamins which is why a lot of women are taking them for beauty purposes now, even if they aren't pregnant. You can find Biotin in the vitamin section at your local pharmacy or grocery store. I am checking with my doctor before I jump into the prenatal vitamins but I am pretty sure it won't be harmful.
i have ha a hard time growing nails, but something that helped me was wearing gloves while i do dishes. The water makes them really weak..it work real well for me!
you can take vitamins like apperex or hair, skin and nail found at your local walgreens, and also sally hansen has a slue of nail prouduct find the one that is right for you and follow the instructions...good luck
just leave them alone, keep them clean, eat gelatin this halps to make them hard.......and not brittle.. go to a beauty store and you can buyu a clear polish that helps to protect them untill they are stronger......I was a nail biter too and I have long, hard, strong nails now
I also bite my nails and i did grown then for about a month and they all grew loverly but they just broke off so i got really mad and started biting them again!!! I used elastic bands on my wrist and when i went to bite one id flick it because, this sound weird but..., when id put my finger in my mouth i would take it away and feel i needed to bite it so by flicking the band it would take tht feeling away and move the feeling to my wrist, i really want to try again soon but they just keep breaking!!! There is a special cream you can probably find in your chemist tho called 'NU NALE' or 'NU NAIL' im not sure but it makes then stronge and loverly, i wouldnt recommend wasting money on the bitter tasting stuff because you just get used to it after a while and then forget to put it on!!!, Gd Lk and remember they will take agessssss to grow but stick to it and be determinded because the look so good long :) let me know how you get on! xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment